Title: Benny & Joon Rating: PG
Length: 98 minutes
Stars: Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Masterson
My Rating: 5 stars *****
Basically, this movie is awesome. I LOVE Johnny Depp, and he is simply amazing in “Benny & Joon”. He makes you laugh, and he makes you cry. You want him to succeed and you fall in love with him.
Joon is a mentally ill young woman who lives with her brother, Benny. She has to be watched by a house sitter and rarely leaves the house. She loves to paint. She goes with Benny to a poker game and she loses, and therefore must take a young man named Sam home with her. Joon and Sam form a friendship, originally to the wonder of Benny, and then to his dismay.
That’s the plot setup. I’m sure you can guess what happens next. The acting, especially on the part of Mary Stuart Masterson, is very good, and the plot is priceless.
Aaaand, this is a sucky review but I honestly can’t think of anything else to say about it except that it’s amazing and you should watch it.

No comments:
Post a Comment