Sunday, April 26, 2009

Song of the Week

The new song of the week is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" by John Mayer. I'm not a huge huge fan of John Mayer (I could have lived very happily without ever hearing "Say"), but this song of his I absolutely love. It is entirely coincidence that this song was played on CSI in Season 7. It was where I first heard the song, but I didn't really hear it until I downloaded it in a Twilight fanmix. One of the items on my bucket list is to slow dance to this song sometime in my life.

This song kind of reminds me of early on in New Moon from Edward's POV. He has the mindset where it's never going to work and it's going to end badly, so this song is very appropriate for that. The song is also very melancholy and almost resolved to the situation, which DUH, is totally Edward.

Plus, this song has just been my mood lately.



I used a GSR video to the song because I couldn't find any vids of the song that weren't live. So, if you want, just ignore the visuals and the voiceovers.

Anyways, love the song to death, strongly recommend it, and all that.

Lyrics:


It's not a silly little moment,
It's not the storm before the calm.
This is the deep and dying breath of
This love that we've been working on.

Can't seem to hold you like I want to
So I can feel you in my arms.
Nobody's gonna come and save you,
We pulled too many false alarms.

We're going down,
And you can see it too.
We're going down,
And you know that we're doomed.
My dear,
We're slow dancing in a burning room.

I was the one you always dreamed of,
You were the one I tried to draw.
How dare you say it's nothing to me?
Baby, you're the only light I ever saw.

I'll make the most of all the sadness,
You'll be a bitch because you can.
You try to hit me just to hurt me
So you leave me feeling dirty
Because you can't understand.

We're going down,
And you can see it too.
We're going down,
And you know that we're doomed.
My dear,
We're slow dancing in a burning room.

Go cry about it - why don't you?
Go cry about it - why don't you?
Go cry about it - why don't you?

My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room,
Burning room,
Burning room,
Burning room,
Burning room.

Don't you think we oughta know by now?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we oughta know by now?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we oughta know by now?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?
Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?

No comments:

Posts Archive